The weather here at the moment is extremely cold and windy therefore I decided to make some heart warming soup. We have storm Henry approaching this afternoon with 90 mph winds. Lucky us! It just seems to be one storm after another anyway enough moaning, back to the soup. This is one of my favourite recipes and I normally make double the amount as I can't be bothered making it all the time. The ingredients are as follows:
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 medium butternut squash
1 large potato peeled and cut into quarters
1.3 litres of vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
140g of rocket leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to peel the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds. ( I hate this bit but its worth it.) Cut the flesh into chunks. Add the squash and the potatoes to the saucepan and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and cook over a low heat for 40 minutes, uncovered, stirring every 10 minutes.
4. Use a hand blender to blitz into a smooth creamy soup. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve hot, garnished with rocket leaves.
This tastes fab and it is only 117 Calories if your interested in Calories which I try to not be but kind of am.
This recipe is in The Italian I Diet by Gino D'Acampo.
Yuk! I really don't like doing this bit.
This tasted really good. I was very pleased with the result. I hope you like it too. Please let me know in the comments if you did actually make it x